Coppards Removals proudly supports the Freddie Farmer Foundation
Coppards Removals over the course of the pandemic has invested heavily in the our fleet to meet ULEZ regulations, meet one of the newest vehicles in the fleet, Freddie, named after Freddie Farmer from the Freddie Farmer Foundation.
Freddie has been out on the road for about 6 months now and is capably driven by Tony.
Give Freddie and Tony and wave if you see them on your travels.
Coppards Removals proudly supports the Freddie Farmer Foundation, their mission is to provide unique and intensive physiotherapy to disabled children, helping them to reach their full potential.
Bromley Foodbank Move
Coppards Removals provided logistic assistance working with the Bromley food bank moving food, goods and materials between Bromley civic centre and various locations including Orpington Library.
We Entered A Golf Team For Red Trouser Golf Day
Coppards Removals entered a golf team into the Red Trouser Golf Day at Dale Hill Golf Club on the 4th October 2018. Red Trousers is a charity in its infancy, raising money for research into Bowel Cancer. The Event was hosted by John Taylor the former British and Irish Lion and Wales rugby great. With some superb weather to match our superb score of 110 the Coppards Removals team turned out winners. The day was a great success raising over £4,000 for the charity. To donate or find out more follow link below.
Coppards Helps with DIY SOS
Coppards are providing free removal, packing and storage services for the Newcombe Family (Mike, Chantal, Luca, Sonny and Arlo) in Chislehurst. Arlo has a medical condition which requires his lungs to be constantly supported and dependant on Oxygen 24/7. The BBC One series DIY SOS are completing a drastic refurbishment of their premises to assist with Arlo’s care. Coppards are proud to be part of the life changing transformation of their home.
Coppards Completes First Move to Ibiza
Coppards completed a move on behalf of an F1 supremo, carrying personal effects and antiques on a 5 day dedicated trip to Ibiza, sailing from Dover to Calais, driving to Barcelona and catching the 8 hour trip across to Ibiza.
Coppards Continues work at World Famous Prestigious Knightsbridge Store
Coppards have facilitated the relocation of an estate agency and interior design department on behalf of a world famous Knightsbridge department store. This is ongoing work with several minor supporting projects. We are continuing our work providing specialist removal services, IT relocation and disposals working outside of normal hours to eliminate disruption to trading.
We are very proud to be helping to raise money for the The Freddie Farmer Foundation which is such a worth while and fantastic charity. For clients whom we are moving we offer a service where they are able to donate any resalable unwanted furniture which we take to various local auction houses to sell, all of the funds raised for this goes to the charity and of course we transport and store all of the goods free of charge.
The Freddie Farmer Foundation was formed in 2011 to raise the funds needed to set up a specialized physiotherapy centre in south-east London for children and young people with cerebral palsy and serious mobility problems. The inspiration behind it all is 10 year old Freddie Farmer who was born at 28 weeks with cerebral palsy, weighing just 2lb 12oz.
Thanks to the overwhelming support of Freddie's family and friends, the charity has now been able to purchase a property in Bromley which has undergone renovation to create a floor-based exercise room and a specialist gym therapy room and associated rooms involving, crucially, a piece of equipment called ‘The Spider’, with elasticized ropes so that children can do their exercises upright. The new centre will open in 2015.
Please visit the website www.freddiefarmerfoundation.org.uk
Top Moving Tips - Packing
Each month we will ask our staff their top tips on all aspects of removals. This month we are concentrating on Packing.
1. Always leave yourself enough time to pack before your removal. Pack into boxes the goods you can do without and leave the basic equipment you use every day until last. It is important that when your removal team arrives you are ready for them to move your goods;
2. Label each box with the contents and the room you would like it delivered to in your new home. This way you can unpack the boxes in the correct order and rooms. Anything fragile should be marked clearly and pointed out to the movers before they start work;
3. Seal the bottom and top of each box thoroughly. It is important to fill each box to the very top, so they are solid. For fragile packing always pad the bottom of the box first (with tissue paper or a similar material), then use layers of the same material to keep your goods separate and safe from harm. You should also place heavier goods at the bottom of boxes followed by adding lighter items higher up in the box;
4. Of course the best way you can take care of the goods you need packed is to leave it to the professionals. This way the contents of the boxes are covered by insurance and packed properly. We can tailor make our service to you to pack all or just some of your goods, as you request,
5. Finally, please call us with any advice you require. We are always on hand to give you advice and to help in any way we can.
Thank you to all of the clients that we have moved and will be moving soon.
The Coppards Removals office team